Sunday, January 10, 2010

5K!!


I ran a 5K on THanksgiving with Carl and my mother in law, Carol. I was really nervous the morning of, I didn't think I would be able to finish the whole thing or would cramp up, my imagination was working overtime. But, I did really well!!! I ran the whole thing and didn't take any walk breaks. Carl was great and did the whole thing with me and never wanted to run ahead and leave me in the dust.
The race started downtown, you ran along Meeting Street and people were all out cheering you on as you passed restaurants and churches. Then, you ran along the battery, and passed the Ashley River and all the huge houses you think of in Charleston. The last leg was King Street where all the great shopping is, so I was checking out store windows and then the finish line. It was a great feeling to accomplish a goal and do really well. I ran the whole thing in 34 minutes but the first few minutes were slow, because the crowd was so big. I am def. going to do it next year and want to sign up for another 5K soon!
My Dad and brother in law Jeff were at the finish line, here is a pic. I am right behind Carl in the green hoodie, we are about to cross the finish line!


No comments:

Post a Comment