Sunday, January 8, 2012

January so far

It's been busy!! We spent New Years Eve in the outer banks of North Carolina. It was a great trip, we shopped, ate fish tacos and played some tennis. I was very proud of us for setting up the pack n play so Reese could watch, usually I worry about things like this--the sun in her eyes, the wind too strong, a tennis ball hitting her in the head. Things like that. However, it went well and I loved playing so much the first day, we went back for more. I used to love love love playing tennis and I really need to make more time for it. Also, I couldn't believe how sore I was. Even though I am trying to run more, you don't realize the full body workout out you get from playing sports.
We drove home on the 1st and had the 2nd to get ready to go back to work. Work was busy all week and was a little hectic. We are also in the process of switching to a home daycare and saying goodbye to our nanny Anne. Reese is almost a year old and I kept telling Carl to cool his jets when it came to daycare and all the extra money for the nanny was worth it and we would deal with it when she was a year old. Well, that time has come and I'm shocked----my baby is almost a year old!!! WHATTTTTT!!! The home daycare seems great and I don't think we will have any problems but having the nanny is awesome. Reese loves her and gets undivided attention, I don't have to have any bags packed or drop her off anywhere--we are both a little spoiled but I think that's how it should be!
Good news, I should be getting my hours cut back a little bit in March!! Hooray!! From 40hrs/wk to 36hrs/wk!!! I think the extra time is going to make a big difference. I just have such limited time. We are either running errands or cleaning up the house. Boo, that's no fun. Reese is starting to take in her environment and that means trips to the park and the aquarium are a must! So, I hope things slow down a little in 2012--here's hoping!!

No comments:

Post a Comment