Wednesday, February 23, 2011

2 weeks 1 day

Yesterday was Reese's two week birthday and to celebrate, her belly button stump fell off! YAY! I did not like looking at that but felt a little sad to already have a milestone behind us.
This has been a really hard week. She is doing lots of crying and lots of screaming. Her doctor thinks she has colic which was really distressing to hear. Her cry is ear piercing and there is little we can do to calm her down. She usually starts one of her fits in the evening but today it has been on and off all day.
The doctor told me there is nothing we can really do to make it go away and we just have to wait it out, until she is about 12 weeks.
I have no idea how I am going to get through these next 10 weeks, every time she has one of her fits, I completely lose it and cry and become hysterical. It is the worst feeling to not be able to do anything to help her and to make her calm down.
I'm trying to be positive and to realize that she will stop crying, this is temporary but I lose sight of that every time she starts screaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment