Friday, May 6, 2011

May!

Reese turned 12 weeks on Tuesday! Unbelievable. The past few weeks have been wonderful and Reese and I have a nice routine. We are trying to get her to bed earlier b/c she does cry a bit at night. We usually get her in bed around 7:30-8, now we are moving it up to 7 or so. Also, we have become much more diligent with our bedtime routine. She gets her bath, feeds in the nursery while we play classical music and it is really working. She sleeps soundly until 2am and then Carl gives her the pacifer and she goes right back to sleep until after 4am when I feed her again.
Tomorrow is my first day back at work. I am trying not to focus on it too much. I am so sad and really don't want to leave Reese or Carl. And to top it all off I'm going back on Mother's Day, what was I thinking?? The good thing--now I can start spending a little money! I really want to buy Reese--well everything. But especially hair bows and cute socks and toys! We were given tons of things from Carl's coworker Erin-she gave us a massive amount of clothes, shoes, toys and books. All of it is so cute too, the clothes are adorable!
Also, I hung out with some moms I met at a breastfeeding mommy group. We went to the pool and sat under some cabanas to keep out of the sun. Reese is the oldest baby and really liked to look at the other little ones and see what they were doing. I was so proud of her, she was so well behaved and was smiling at all the other moms. I feel so lucky to have her in our family and can't wait to watch her changes. The next milestone I can't wait for--reaching for things.

No comments:

Post a Comment