Friday, December 19, 2008

friday

Well it is Friday, I was off yesterday and today so this was my weekend. Yesterday, I slept all day, I think a bug is going around, I am never sick. I was also exhausted. The patient I wrote about in the last blog passed away. He died 30 minutes before my shift started. I thought about him the whole night before since he was left in such bad shape in the ER and ended up reporting it. I hate reporting other nurses but this, I couldn't let go. It really drained me and I only got up to shower when Carl was coming home, then we ordered a pizza and I realized Pizzone's are really good.
Today, Carl had lunch at home, since we now live closer to work, which I love. It is in the 70's here and we had lunch on the back deck. Then I am off to get my car fixed, the check engine light is on. My check engine light is on at least 4 times a year and I get my oil changed regularly. Carl doesn't and his car never goes to the shop. Also, I always have flat tires and I have one now, so they need to patch that as well.
We have to get the car ready since we will be on the road for the holidays. I am excited about the trip and to see people but I think I am going to miss the house. See everyone soon.

Carl and I are going out to dinner tonight to sit on an outdoor patio and relax, we deserve it. He got his big proposal out last night, he put in 60 hour weeks to get it done. I'm proud of him, he works really hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment